-
November 19th, 2008, 01:31 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi. This is my first post, so please forgive me if it is on the wrong message board. I have an Altec 211 cabinet for sale in Chicago. Can anyone use it??? Hoping to get $100 for it instead of chopping it up and burning it, which would break my heart. Came from auditorium installation. Very good shape - No drivers. Please email [email protected] if interested. Sincerely, Andy
-
November 19th, 2008, 09:48 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Pictures ???
Wish you had a pair of them....
-
November 19th, 2008, 11:11 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Originally posted by RacerXtreme:
Pictures ???
Wish you had a pair of them....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, because you need ANOTHER pair of big horns :-)
I was this >< close to buying this cabinet last friday, but decided against it at the last minute. It's huge and my living room is small. Yet, here I am..... tempted all over again :-)
-
November 20th, 2008, 12:51 AM
#4
Inactive Member
You're right. It's definitely a "want" rather than a "need"....... You just don't see them as often as a 210.
-
November 20th, 2008, 02:51 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Interesting that they would make 2 variations of the same cabinet.
http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/vintage_altec.html
Jim N
-
November 20th, 2008, 11:57 PM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Instead of having 2 couldn't you just cut it in half and get 2 pieces of plywood and some paint???
I thought I saw this done in a old SP article that was saved to someones pic gallery, not sure of who's though....
-chris
-
November 21st, 2008, 09:28 PM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
Originally posted by oface1:
Instead of having 2 couldn't you just cut it in half and get 2 pieces of plywood and some paint???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't believe that's ever gotten good reviews here. I've heard of stacking horns to reach lower frequencies (or improving response down low), so I would think cutting a horn in half would do the opposite.
My idea was to run one woofer on the left channel, and the other one on the right. I figured it was cheap and reversible.
-
November 22nd, 2008, 03:09 PM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
-
November 25th, 2008, 04:55 AM
#9
Senior Hostboard Member
Any progress selling the cabinet Andy?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.
Bookmarks